Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Social Media: Its Dynamics on My Life




How has social media affected my life? 

I will have to say the first advantage is that it has made it possible for me to connect with my friends, families, and business associates. Not only that, I love shopping for shoes and most times Facebook analysis my shopping history and advertise to me for the particular substance I desire or have purchased prior. I love this aspect of Facebook because, most times I do not have the time to navigate from site to site, but the downside to this is that when I do not have the money, I am tempted to shop when I see these advertisements.

The disadvantages of why I do not surf on social media very often are that it creates this false pretense in that you never know what is actually true of what individuals post. Secondly, it opens up realms for gossiping and a form of distraction especially now that I am in school and that is why I have deactivated my Facebook account. And if I am signed on, I post minimally or try my best not to put what I am up to on Facebook as well as LinkedIn. These are the only forms of social media I am currently members of as well as Instagram.





Other Disadvantages
Exposure to inappropriate contents
Cyber bullying



No comments:

Post a Comment